Friday, October 06, 2006

Ode to a Lost Love



Michael Edward Sanborn - You will forever be in my heart. After 12 years, your memory spans the years to wrap me in a fond embrace. The other day, I was feeling rather sad and one of those England Dan and John Ford Coley songs came on and it was as if you were there all of a sudden hugging me! A loving smile crossed my face... it was a sweet moment!
Today I was at mom's. I was going through my old nightstand where I found a picture of you with Arianna when she came to visit you in the summer of '94. To see your face brought back your essence that warms my very soul. I remember how much you really loved me and how in only six months - I could feel so valued and cared for. I carry that gift with me still. I had given up on love until you came into my life. On the way home I was reminiscing in my mind about the time you first called me. Mom told me it was the "sea captain!" I wondered how you got my number when I never gave it to you. No guy had ever taken it upon himself to start calling numbers in the phonebook. I remember being reluctant to go to your apartment as you pleaded with me to come over and that you would fix me dinner. Little did I know that by accepting the invitation, my life was destined to change forever.

No comments: