Sunday, October 06, 2013

Snowy Goes to the Rainbow Bridge

My beloved Snowy is now at the Rainbow Bridge due to injuries sustained in a car accident.  Soon to be five, Snowy followed our other Cavalier, Dootsie, through a hole in the fence and ran straight for the road where she was hit.  A nice man named Brian rounded up Dootsie and brought Snowy to the yard.  She had a lot of spunk and didn't want to be hurt.  Mom called me at work and I raced home. We quickly got to the vet and knew the outlook was not the best as she had no feeling in her back legs.  After the x-rays, we knew that her back was broken in two places.  The injuries were non repairable nor in her best interests.  The staff at the Pocomoke Vet Clinic were excellent and compassionate as we made the difficult decision.  She was sedated and calm as I spent our time together and as she drifted into that good night, I was hugging her and telling her that I'd see her again.  I kissed her head and snout.  She knew that her "owneress" was there and that she was deeply loved.  Holloway Funeral Home in Salisbury handled Snowy and now she sits on the mantle in a cute urn that reads, "Until we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge."  It is never easy to say good-bye unexpectedly to a beloved pet.  We must love them through it and do what is best for them.  I only want to kiss her on the head and rub her ears again.  She had such an unforgettable face!  Everyone always was drawn in by her sweet face! 
 We love you Snowy!

No comments: